Reasons Why People Choose Arya Samaj Marriage
Arya Samaj marriage is very simple yet rich in significance and it is executed according to Vedic ritual. An Arya Samaj wedding does not include excessive decoration. It is known for simplicity and cost-effectiveness. The mantras vocalized during the ceremony are translated into a couple’s mother language or the language they understand the meaning of every mantra is explained. An Arya Samaj wedding can be solemnized by any religion. The pre and post wedding rites may differ depending on the regional and cultural background of the couple. Arya Samaj weddings do not believe in idol worship hence the wedding is accomplished with fire as the witness. The wedding ceremony is less time consuming and lasts for about an hour.
Arya Samaj marriages are held in the Arya Samaj Mandir and come under the Hindu Marriage Act (1955) and Arya Samaj Marriage Validation Act (1937) respectively. These marriages are open to all religions and often opted by financially weak families and couples who want to marry without the permission of the parents. Arya Samaj marriages are known for its easiness.
Benefits of Marriages under Arya Samaj
The benefits of getting married in Arya Samaj are very colossal. Wedding in Arya Samaj is one of the most favored options for people who are looking to get married in a simple and unflashy way. Here are some of the convincing reasons to choose Arya Samaj marriage for tying a knot with your soulmate:
- Arya Samaj wedding opens the doors to people belonging to different caste and religions. In Arya Samaj, wedding couples can gather under one roof and get married to each other without any bias of caste, religion or standard.
- The weddings solemnized in Arya Samaj Mandir are fully certified and the duo can get their marriage certificate instantly after the wedding.
- Arya Samaj wedding gives the couple the cheapest option to get married. The rites performed at the wedding are the same as that would be followed in any other wedding.
- Arya Samaj marriages are roofed with all Vedic rituals, chants, and blessings of God without too much glitz.
- The groom’s side cannot exploit the bride’s side by making awkward asks or by cheating them money-wise. Also, Arya Samaj strongly opposes the dowry system and hence helps to unshackle the society from the ‘curse of dowry’
Documents required for solemnization of Arya Samaj Marriage
- 4 copies of a colored photograph of both bride and the groom
- Date of birth and address proof of both marrying parties.
- Bride and groom should be the age of 18 and 21.
- Need of two witnesses to complete the ceremony.
Arya Samaj Marriage gives you a lawfully valid marriage certificate that will be useful for entire life.