Court Marriage Lawyer Delhi – Register Your Marriage to Make it Legitimate
As per the guidelines of the Special Marriage Act, 1954 the court marriage can be solemnized between an Indian native Male and Female, without considering their caste, religion, or principles. Also, court marriage can take place between an Indian and NRI.
Conditions to Perform Court Marriage
- For a valid court marriage, the groom should be at least 21 years and the bride should be at least 18 years.
- Both parties should be mentally fit and sound to take their life decisions. The consent of both parties is necessary.
- The parties should not form any prohibited relationships.
- Filling out the application form in the correct format with the prescribed fees is necessary.
- None of the parties should have a subsisting valid marriage.
- Complete documents including residence proof, NOC, and passport size photos are required
- Death certificate of ex-spouse or divorce-proof, if any of the party had marriage in the past.
“Court Marriage without Sending Notice to Home”
Documents Required for Court Marriage
- The application form duly filled by both parties.
- The age proof/DOB document for both bride and groom. (Birth certificate/Educational certificate/Passport)
- For registering the marriage in Delhi, you must have proof of living in Delhi, more than 30 days.
- Affidavits by both parties must include:
- Date of birth
- The marital status: Unmarried/widower/divorcee
- Assurance that parties do not connect with the prohibited
- Intent marriage affirmation
- 3 attested copies of passport size photos of both parties.
- The proof of divorce or death in the case of widow/widower.
- The NOC is required in foreign marriages.
- If the couple is planning to live in India after marriage, must have proof of granted citizenship/ tax liability for marriage.
“Instant Relief of Protection From Police And Parents”
Various Marriage Registration Services Offered by Delhi Lawyers’ Team
NRI Court Marriage
To proceed with an NRI marriage one has two law options namely Special Marriage Act-1954 and Hindu Marriage Act 1955. To get an immediate certificate for marriage, Hindu Marriage Act 1955 is recommended while under the Special Marriage Act-1954 minimum thirty days’ notice period is required.
Arya Samaj Marriage in Delhi
Arya Samaj marriage can be done without the bar of religion. Arya Samaj marriage is a Vedic marriage tradition which is also known as Arya marriage approval act XIX of 1937. There is no specific god addressed in the Arya Samaj marriage act, only the rituals and mantras recommended by Vedas are performed.
Hindu Marriage Act-1955
The complete verification of documents and registration is done in a single working day and a marriage certificate by Govt. of India is issued.
The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 followed by every Hindu, Jain, Sikh, and Buddhists to perform marriage. But a Muslim, Christian, Parsi, Jew or any other community which has a different law-set, can’t register their marriage under Hindu Marriage Act.
Inter-Religion Court Marriage
The court marriage of different religions is the mainstream nowadays. This is a marriage irrespective of religious differences. The constitution assures the security of life and freedom of the couple after a inter-religion or inter-caste marriage.
Marriage in Muslim culture is stated as “Nikaah” as per the fundamentals of Islamic law. All you need is two witnesses either male or female. The marriage registration takes place in the mosque under the validation of witnesses. The payable amount is defined which is payable in the case of separation. It is all about the religious faith as the Indian government doesn’t differentiate between normal court marriage and Muslim marriage.
Tatkal Marriage Registration
The option of Tatkal marriage registration is introduced by the Revenue Department of Delhi Government. So, you can avail of the certificate of court marriage in Delhi within 24 hours.
What Are Steps for Online Marriage Registration
After solemnizing the marriage, one needs to get into the process of marriage registration. Therefore, we are here providing the steps for online registration of court marriage.
Step 1: Open the government marriage portal.
Step 2: You then need to register yourself, by clicking on the “Register” button.
Step 3: Enter the required information for marriage registration.
Step 4: Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.