Marriage is the confluence of two souls. But for a legitimate marriage, proper registration id necessary or else it would be considered as not only illegal but unethical. It is also an event of social association. To peruse a marriage, certification from the government of India is required. We provide authentic law assistance for all sort of matrimonial acts. Here is the complete guide for all Indian marriage acts, laws and required legal steps.
Court Marriage Lawyer Delhi - Register Your Marriage to Make it Legitimate
As per the guidelines of Special Marriage Act, 1954 the court marriage can be solemnized between an Indian native Male and Female, without considering their caste, religion or principles. Also, the court marriage can take place between an Indian and NRI.
Conditions to Perform Court Marriage:
- For a valid court marriage, the groom should be at least 21 years and the bride should be at least 18 years.
- Both parties should be mentally fit and sound to take their life decisions. The consent of both parties is necessary.
- The parties should not from the prohibited relationships.
- Filling out the application form in the correct format with the prescribed fees is necessary.
- None of the party should have a subsisting valid marriage.
- Complete documents including residence proof, NOC and passport size photos are required
- Death certificate of ex-spouse or divorce-proof, if any of the party had marriage in past.
Documents Required for Court Marriage Under Special Marriage Act-1954
- The application form duly filled by both parties.
- The age proof/DOB document for both bride and groom. (Birth certificate/Educational certificate/Passport)
- For registering the marriage in Delhi, you must have the proof for living in Delhi, more than 30 days.
- Affidavits by both the parties which must include:
- Date of birth
- The marital status: Unmarried/widower/divorcee
- Assurance that parties do not connect to each other with the prohibited
- Intent marriage affirmation
- 3 attested copies of passport size photos of both parties.
- The proof of divorce or death in the case of widow/widower.
- The NOC is required in foreign marriages.
- If the couple is planning to live in India after marriage must have the proof of granted citizenship/ tax liability for marriage.
Various Marriage Registration Services Offered by Delhi Lawyers’ Team:
NRI Court Marriage:
To proceed with an NRI marriage one has two law options namely Special Marriage Act-1954 and Hindu Marriage Act 1955. To get an immediate certificate for marriage, Hindu Marriage Act 1955 is recommended while under Special Marriage Act-1954 minimum thirty days’ notice period is required.
Arya Samaj Marriage in Delhi:
Arya Samaj marriage can be done without the bar of religion. Arya Samaj marriage is Vedic marriage tradition which is also known as Arya marriage approval act XIX of 1937. There is no specific god is addressed in Arya Samaj marriage act, only the rituals and mantras recommended by Vedas are performed.
Hindu Marriage Ac-1955:
This is the direct registration of an arranged or Arya Samaj marriage in the office of the registrar on the same day. The complete verification of documents and registration is done in a single working day and a marriage certificate by Govt. of India is issued.
Inter-religion court marriage:
The court marriage of different religion is main steam nowadays. This is marriage irrespective of the religious differences. The constitution assures the security of life and freedom.
Marriage in Muslim culture is stated as “Nikaah” as per the fundamentals of Islamic law. All you need is two witnesses either male or female. The marriage registration takes place in the mosque under the validation of witnesses. The payable amount is defined which is payable in the case of separation. It is all about the religious faith as the Indian government doesn’t differentiate normal court marriage or Muslim marriage.